Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The reason for Christmas

I love the Christmas season! I love decorating and baking and making crafts with the boys. I love everything about it! (except maybe that it is cold...because I am a wimp when it comes to the cold, except if it snows...then it is ok, but just for a day maybe!)
We had a little bit of snow the other day and this was a mini snow kiah we made!
I also love how easy it is to share the TRUE meaning of Christmas during this time. I love being able to tell people the Truth about Jesus and WHY He was born...TO DIE for US!  Last night we had a party with some friends. We wanted to share an "American Christmas" with them and help them see a little more about our culture.  We decorated cookies and they ate chocolate chip cookies. We played games and laughed and sang songs. But the best part was telling them the story of Baby Jesus.  My boys wanted to help, Josiah wanted to be the Angel (of course he did, b/c that is the part that everyone looks at and gets all the attention, right!?) and Asah wanted to be the sheep (fits his personality perfect)! I love the fact that my 4 year old can finish the sentences of what the Angels told Mary and Joseph and the Shepherds. I love that he knows that Jesus was not just born as a baby, but our need for Jesus started a long long time ago with Adam and Eve. I love that he knows that the story doesn't stop on Christmas day with a little baby! I love that he knows that Jesus was born to die! To SAVE US from our sin!

Our friends at the Christmas party. One child is asleep and the other did not care to be in the picture. So we only have one child at this time!



I pray we don't ever get so caught up in the buying of presents and the getting of things that we forget that God gave us the most perfect, precious gift of all. The gift that every man and woman needs!

Jesus. 
Salvation. 
A chance to have a right relationship with Him!

For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this. (Isaiah 9:6,7)


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas worshiping our Lord Jesus!

In His Grace,

Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment