Sunday, November 14, 2010

Do I excel??

I love being silly with my hubbs!
Lately, I have been reading through Proverbs. Man what a great book!!! I have been asking God for wisdom in my life. I really just want to bring Him glory in all areas of my life! I have been praying that the Father would give me wisdom in raising my boys, loving my husband, doing ministry and just seeking Him in every area of my life. So, what better place for the Father to give me wisdom....His word!
As, I read the other day, I was struck by the question "what is my goal in life?" I know that my over all goal for my life is to bring glory to God in every area of my life, but my goal as a mom and a wife, what should it be?
While thinking, I was led to familiar verses in Proverbs 31. In verses 28 and 29 it says:
  28 Her children rise up and call her blessed;
      Her husband also, and he praises her:
  29 “ Many daughters have done well,
      But you excel them all.”

In Webster's dictionary excel means:

"to be superior to; surpass in accomplishment or achievement."  

I want to EXCEL!  I want my God, my children and my husband to be blessed by me and because of me! I want them all to praise me, not because of the fact that I am great, but because I am a follower of the King and I want to please Him!
This is truly my desire, but I have some questions to ask myself... do I do it?? How do I do it?? Do I work diligently to excel in all things? What does the Bible say about what is excellent?  How do I become an excellent Mom, wife, disciple, and friend?
So, because of this I think I will start blogging a section on excellence and ideas about it.  I would love to hear others' wisdom and insight as I write and work through this subject myself. I hope to be an encouragement to other women, mothers and followers of Christ!
My plan is to start my week off with excellence and post on Mondays about scripture, thoughts on marriage, parenting and really just the things that God lays on my heart! Won't you join me??

Patience

No comments:

Post a Comment